Tuesday 5 May 2009

Mnemonic

What is Mnemonic?
A Mnemonic device is a memory aid. Its job is to help you to remember things like shopping lists, things, chores, numbers, and lots of other things! By learning the mnemonics methods, you can remember things easily.

Before learning mnemonic, I used to think that remembering a shopping list of 30 items is impossible. After I learned how to use mnemonic, now I feel that it's just a piece of cake!

There are several systems I know:

  • Link System
  • Number-Shape System
  • Number-Rhyme System
  • Alphabet System
  • Roman Room System
There are lots of other systems, but I think that those are the basic systems.
I'll explain about them one by one on this blog, just wait for me to publish them^^!

Have fun^^!

1 comments:

Fran said...

You may be interested to know of the following related resource:

Memorista.com is a free website devoted to making it easier to learn basic foreign language vocabulary using mnemonics.

About a hundred items are available for each of five major languages, each one with a mnemonic already provided (most actually have more than one so you can choose what suits you best), or you can create your own mnemonics.

A learning/self-testing algorithm uses spaced repetition to prioritize your learning effort.

All the best

Francis - http://www.memorista.com